Website General Dynamics Information Technology
Impactful Work. Smart Solutions. Meaningful Careers.
The candidate will be responsible for providing expertise in cognitive neuroscience and neuropsychological assessment relevant to traumatic brain injury (TBI). S/he will work in collaboration with other staff to design, conduct and report on research with military Service Members and veterans who have sustained TBI.
- Develops, implements and conducts brain injury investigations in collaboration with other investigators. May serve as Principal Investigator.
- Responsible for providing expertise in cognitive neuroscience and neuropsychological assessment relevant to research on traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Provides direct services, to include screening, neuropsychological assessment, treatment, referral, consultation and education. Conducts neuropsychosocial evaluations and provides therapeutic interventions including crisis counseling to individuals as needed to facilitate TBI clinical care management and optimize care.
- Collaborates with staff to design, conduct and report on research with military Service Members and veterans who have sustained TBI.
- Plans, implements and reports results of studies on behavioral and cognitive correlates of in Service Members with traumatic brain injury.
- Attends research meetings, proposes/guides research initiatives, and supports joint research efforts with allied professions.
- Coordinates with principal and co-investigators regarding technical and/or clinical problems affecting research efforts.
Prepares research protocols and interacts with Clinical Investigation Facilities (CIF) and Institutional Review Boards (IRB).
- Provides direct services, to include screening, neuropsychological assessment, treatment, referral, consultation and education
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintains in partnership with Patients, other health care providers and community resources as applicable; assist in the development of a comprehensive treatment care plan in accordance with TBI health care standards for patients.
Participates, as appropriate, in departmental Quality Assurance (QA) programs and adhere to all safety regulations at all times.
- May presents patient cases in conferences, reports, or meetings to discuss status and updates to cases.
- Ph.D. degree in Psychology or a related field and have completed a postdoctoral fellowship including clinical experience in neuropsychological assessment/consultation.
- Must maintain Continuing Education credit sufficient to maintain both their clinical license and to meet medical facility specific Quality Assurance standards for credentialing.
- In addition, preferred candidate, attended a formal neuropsychological fellowship in clinical Neuropsychology, and be skilled in specialized testing and assessment procedure. Experience within clinically appropriate systems of care may be accepted in lieu of educational minimums.
To apply for this job please visit careers-gdit.icims.com.