Website London Health Sciences Centre
Children’s Care Program
This part-time position involves providing assessment and consultation to paediatric epilepsy patients. The individual reports to the Manager, Psychology and to the Manager, Children’s Impatient Care & Ambulatory Services, Children’s Hospital. Supervision of a Psychometrist is required. Opportunities in research and teaching may also be available.
Rate of Pay: $47.887 per hour – $59.860 per hour
Hours of Work: 7.5 hours per week
• Doctoral degree in Psychology
• Registration (or eligibility for registration) with the College of Psychologists of Ontario with specialized training in Pediatric Clinical Neuropsychology
• Minimum 1year recent experience working in a children’s hospital setting
• Recent experience with assessment of children and adolescents awaiting surgery for epilepsy
• Demonstrated advanced ability to establish effective interpersonal relationships
• Demonstrated advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated advanced ability to function independently and interdependently as part of an interprofessional team
• Demonstrated excellent time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks effectively
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
London Health Sciences Centre fosters a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by LHSC’s Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC encourages applications from persons with disabilities and we are committed to providing accommodations upon request.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory police information check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.
Please visit www.lhsc.on.ca – Careers for more information
There are so many great reasons to join London Health Sciences Centre. Here are a few of the
great reasons for joining LHSC. We know that once you get to know us better, you’ll want to add your own reasons to the list!
• Multiple Professional Growth Opportunities
• A Shared Leadership Model
• A Leading-Edge Environment
• International Acclaim
• On-Site Wellness Centre
To apply for this job please visit www.lhsc.on.ca.