Shepherd Center, located in Atlanta, Georgia, is a private, not-for-profit hospital specializing in medical treatment, research and rehabilitation for people with spinal cord injury, brain injury, multiple sclerosis, spine and chronic pain, and other neuromuscular conditions. Founded in 1975, Shepherd Center is ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the top 10 rehabilitation hospitals in the nation.
In its more than four decades, Shepherd Center has grown from a six-bed rehabilitation unit to a world-renowned, 152-bed hospital that treats more than 900 inpatients, 575 day program patients and more than 7,100 outpatients each year. Patients travel from across the nation — and even the globe — to Shepherd Center for its innovative brand of neurorehabilitation.
The Director of Neuropsychology will have overall responsibility for all Neuropsych related matters at Shepherd Center at our various sites of care. He/she will be involved with medical staff, psychology, and programs center-wide to ensure care is being delivered. Sites of care will be Inpatient care for disorders of consciousness and comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation programming for TBI, stroke, and non-traumatic Injuries; post-acute services for residential, day program, and outpatient services that include a complex concussion clinic and a military TBI/PTSD program; managing budgets; monitoring overall outcomes; leading performance improvement initiatives; supporting evidence informed practices and integration with research initiatives.
Necessary skills for educating and presenting at national, regional and local seminars are imperative. The director collaborates with all other levels of center staff and physicians contributing to the Shepherd mission and hospital-wide strategic initiatives as a key decision maker, collaborator, and innovator while maintaining a positive role model. Through appropriate surveillance, the Director ensures compliance with local, state, federal governing bodies and external accrediting bodies (TJC, CARF, State, CMS) within their scope of responsibility. The majority of the time will be spent doing administrative work with the remainder being clinical.
This is a leadership role that will interface with all levels of the organization ranging from the chairman of the board to staff and has overall responsibility for:
• Managing the performance of a team of around 12 individuals via performance and outcomes.
• Utilizing data for clinical and non-clinical decisions is a must.
• Executing a mission where service excellence is the norm and perform swift strategic recovery when things don’t go as planned.
• Being keenly aware of clinical and operational outcomes and the ability to push the bar higher.
• Participating with strategic short and long-term planning with key stakeholders around the facility.
• Oversight of the fellowship program either directly or via a fellowship director (TBD).
• Board Certified Neuropsychologist highly preferred
• Minimum of five years clinical experience
• Current licensure or eligible for licensure upon application for the position in the state of GA
• Advanced leadership and management skills
• Appropriate utilization of human and fiscal resources
• Ability to delegate tasks effectively, supervise large numbers of employees through direct reports, consult and resource to program specific objectives, maintain current knowledge of specialty to focus on realistic, evidence based and competitive clinical outcomes
• Good communication skills for partnering and collaborations
• Basic research skills are recommended to contribute to program and community through mentoring, presentations and participation on national committees
Qualified candidates should be ready for a challenge and value strong team collaboration that strives for everyday excellence. Shepherd Center is extremely proud of its programs and outcomes, and is looking for a new team member that will continue to further our strong mission.
Shepherd Center is a high-performing organization that offers rewarding careers, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, a diverse workplace culture, enlightened leadership and professional growth opportunities.
For more information and to apply online, visit Shepherd.org/employment
To apply for this job please visit www.Shepherd.org.