Website Summa Health
Neuropsychologist – Summa Health – Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking board certified/board eligible Neuropsychologist to join our employed physician group. Summa Health Medical Group is a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System. Summa Health – headquartered in Akron, Ohio – is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With 2 hospitals and 20+ health centers, Summa Health provides access to care throughout the region.
The selected candidate will provide mostly outpatient neuropsychological assessments within the Center for Senior Health, and the departments of Trauma/Surgery, Psychiatry, Oncology, Bariatric Surgery, and Neurology. Some medical or psychiatric inpatient assessments will be performed as well. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a comprehensive Behavioral Health Institute that employs 16 psychologists, 18 psychiatrists, and a number of mid-level behavioral health providers. The position also includes the opportunity to supervise graduate level psychology trainees and for a faculty appointment at Northeast Ohio School of Medicine (NEOMED).
- Doctorate degree (PhD or PsyD) in Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited program
- Completion of Neuropsychology post-doctoral fellowship
- License to practice in Ohio or willingness to obtain
- Ability to perform comprehensive neuropsychological evaluations in a variety of adult populations
- Flexible, team-oriented, high-energy and excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Employed position with comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive compensation with salary guarantee
- Research and teaching opportunities available (Kent State University/NEOMED)
- Monday-Friday schedule allowing for exceptional work/life balance
- 100% Adult & Geriatric patient population
- Epic System’s EMR
- Summa Health Behavioral Health Institute practices a patient-centered philosophy and is committed to meeting each patient’s mental health needs in a holistic manner
- To learn more about Mental & Behavioral Health Services at Summa Health, please visit https://www.summahealth.org/medicalservices/behavioral
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is located within 500 miles of 42 major cities, and surrounded by thousands of acres of national parkland and countryside. As a thriving heartland city Akron provides an ideal living and working environment. The vitality of its people and the unparalleled quality of life offers versatility, a low cost of living, outstanding cultural access and a thriving climate for healthcare, education and business. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and eclectic dining options. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Summa Health is a tobacco-free workplace and has a nicotine-free hiring policy.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com