Website UC Davis School of Medicine
The Department of Neurology at the University of California, Davis School of Medicine is recruiting for a full-time Clinical Neuropsychologist in the Professor of Clinical Neurology or Health Sciences Clinical Professor series at the Assistant/Associate/Full Professor rank. Faculty in the Clinical Neurology series are expected to engage in professional competence and activity, teaching, research and creative work, and University/public service. Faculty in the Health Sciences Clinical Professor series are expected to engage in teaching, professional competence and activity, scholarly or creative activities, and University/public service.
The successful candidate will have strong clinical skills to provide appropriate neuropsychological evaluations of adult and pediatric patients with a wide variety of neurosurgical, neurological, and psychiatric diseases and disorders. The candidate will provide inpatient and outpatient clinical neuropsychological assessment services; prepare reports and other documents on patient status for referring physicians; provide training and supervision to postdoctoral trainees; and provide service to the department and University.
This position will regularly work with patients with epilepsy to provide evaluations to assist with epilepsy treatment planning and assessing eligibility for epilepsy surgery. Experience performing Wadas and intraoperative/extraoperative language mapping and/or with fMRI evaluation of language dominance is preferred.
The UC Davis Department of Neurology and UC Davis Health teaching hospital are nationally ranked in US News & World Report. UC Davis is an NAEC Level 4 Epilepsy Center. The department has a Clinical Neuropsychology Fellowship Training Program. Neurology has 50 clinical faculty across all neurological specialties with excellent nursing, staff, neuropsychology, social work, and pharmacological support.
• Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree in an APA Accredited Clinical Psychology Program with a specialization in Neuropsychology
• Completion of a one-year APA approved internship with specialization in Neuropsychology
• Completion of a two-year postdoctoral level experience in Clinical Neuropsychology or equivalent experience
• California license as Clinical Psychologist or license eligibility
• The ideal candidate will have strong clinical skills and interest in Clinical Neuropsychology
• Ability to foster collegiality and work collaboratively in a diverse environment
• Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures
• Experience with performing Wadas and intraoperative/extraoperative language mapping
• Experience with fMRI evaluation of language dominance
• Ability to see children 8 years of age and up
• Minimum of 1 year experience training and supervising postdoctoral trainees in clinical neuropsychological assessment
To receive full consideration, applications must be received by June 9, 2022. However, the position will remain open until filled through May 8, 2023. . Interested applicants should submit: 1) cover letter; 2) curriculum vita; 3) Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; and 4) Names and Contact Information for three references.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.ucdavis.edu.