Attention Students and Trainees! Make your voices heard!
You have questions and goals. We want to answer and help.
The AACN will be hosting a virtual Student Member Town Hall on Wednesday, December 6, 2023 at 8 pm Eastern (5 pm Pacific).
This session will be moderated by Dr. Amanda Wisinger (AACN Student Board Representative), who will join a panel including Drs. Dean Beebe (AACN President until 2/2024), Dominic Carone (AACN President 2/2024-2026), and Alissa Butts, Emily Leaffer, and Stephanie Towns (Student Affairs Committee chair, associate chair, and secretary). This Student and Trainee-Focused session is intended to answer questions and to get input to guide the AACN’s plans to support students.
To promote safe and open dialogue, Students and Trainees will have 3 ways to reach out:
- Confidentially in advance via this form. Questions and comments will be collated and raised by the moderator during the meeting.
- Confidentially via comments during the meeting. Comments and their authors will be visible only to the moderator (not visible to the larger group), who will raise them during the meeting.
- Directly and openly during the meeting. We plan to use a moderated hand-raise approach to avoid inadvertent “live mic” issues.
Also, to promote safe and open dialogue focused on Student Members, all attendees must register in advance using the below form. Registrants must login to ensure that only Student Members can register. Both Student Members and non-members can submit questions in advance here. As a reminder, Student Members can include anyone currently enrolled in a college or university, including both undergraduate and graduate students, or anyone currently completing a postdoctoral fellowship. If you are not currently a Student Member but wish to become one, you can do so here.
We plan to post a summary of the session afterwards for those who cannot attend live.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your AACN Student Member Town Hall planning team:
- Amanda Wisinger, Psy.D.
- Alissa Butts, Ph.D., ABPP
- Emily Leaffer, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- Stephanie Towns, Psy.D., ABPP
- Dominic Carone, Ph.D., ABPP
- Dean Beebe, Ph.D., ABPP