Welcome to the AACN website! The mission of the American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology is to advance the profession of Clinical Neuropsychology through its advocacy of outstanding educational and public policy initiatives.
The American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology aims to achieve its missions through its dedication to the following purposes:
1. To promote board certification by the American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology (ABCN) as the standard for competence in the practice of Clinical Neuropsychology.
2. Support for those principles, policies and practices that seek the attainment of the best in clinical neuropsychological patient care.
3. The pursuit of excellence in psychological education, especially as it concerns the clinical neuropsychological sciences.
4. The pursuit of high standards in the practice of clinical neuropsychology and support of the credentialing activities of the American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology.
5. Support for the quest of scientific knowledge by support for research in neuropsychology and related fields.
7. Provision for communication with other groups and representation for clinical neuropsychological opinion to best achieve and preserve the purposes of the Academy.
On this site, members of the public may learn more about clinical neuropsychology and find a board certified neuropsychologist. Clinical neuropsychologists are invited to learn more about the board certification process, opportunities for continuing education through online quizzes and AACN’s annual meeting, and learn about affiliate membership in AACN. Trainees are welcome to browse the site and learn about student membership in AACN. This site is also the home for AACN members and affiliates to access AACN’s official journals, The Clinical Neuropsychologist and Child Neuropsychology.