Training Director Hour Programs

Site NameCincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Site Location (City, State/Province)Cincinnati, OH
Training Level
  • Fellowship
Population of InterestPediatric
Training Director's Name and DegreeThea Quinton, Ph.D., ABPP
Program RepresentativeDean Beebe, PhD
Email AddressEmail hidden; Javascript is required.
Program Website (if available)
Brief Program Description

Cincinnati Children's Postdoctoral Residency in Pediatric Neuropsychology has been training Residents continuously since 1991. Our goal is to provide
advanced training for psychologists specializing in pediatric neuropsychology who plan to go on to earn Board Certification in Clinical Neuropsychology,
ABPP. We take a developmental training approach that balances direct supervision (to put final “polish” on trainees’ skills) with increasing independence (to
prepare them for graduation). The caseload is largely comprised of medical/neurological cases, giving tremendous depth of experience with these
neurologically fascinating children. About 70% of the Residents' time is spent in the delivery of clinical services. Educational/training experiences and research activities account for the other 30%.