Avera Medical Group is seeking a full-time Neuropsychologist in Sioux Falls, SD
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
– Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology required
– 2 year post-doctorate training (or equivalent experience) in Clinical Neuropsychology required
– Lifespan (children through geriatric) experience preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
– South Dakota Psychology License required
– This position requires a valid driver’s license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.
– Board certification or board eligible preferred.
Essential Functions of the Neuropsychologist:
· Establish a clinical practice for the diagnosis, treatment or referral of clients/patients.
· Assist in a multi-disciplinary, holistic approach to the treatment of clients, coordinating as appropriate with hospital departments.
· Conduct neuropsychological assessments in accordance with accepted principles of the South Dakota Board of Examiners of Psychologists and the American Psychological Association.
· Assess progress of clients/patients and modify or extend treatment program accordingly.
· Coordinate care of clients/patients with referring physician or agency. Document assessments, testing, and therapy in accordance with hospital policies and procedures on medical records.
· Communicate with family members/significant others in order to further the effectiveness of client/patient treatment and progress.
· Provide educational programs on a variety of psychological/neuropsychological topics to hospital/community groups as requested.
· Administer and interpret neuropsychological assessments, testing instruments, and outcome measures.
· Provide consultation and neuropsychological assessments for medical specialty groups/departments including neurology, psychiatry, neurosurgery, physiatry, and others.
· Provides clinical supervision and training to psychometrists/technicians.
This position offers market competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit and relocation package and more.
To learn more about Avera Medical Group and this opportunity, please contact:
Sarah Murphy, Physician Recruiter
Avera Medical Group
1325 S. Cliff Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
Phone: (605) 322-1367
To apply for this job please visit pm.healthcaresource.com.