Believing in the spirit of a child.
This is a unique opportunity for a Pediatric Neuropsychologist to provide comprehensive neuropsychology assessment, testing, diagnosis, and clinical treatment services for children and young adults in both our inpatient and outpatient settings. The position focuses on physician partnership and needs of the child to connect them with needed services.
ChildServe is a physician-led CARF-accredited pediatric specialty healthcare organization that cares for nearly 5,200 children each year. We treat children with developmental disabilities, including those with neurodevelopmental disabilities, behavioral problems, autism, Down syndrome, and other diagnoses.
Join ChildServe’s multidisciplinary team of experts including pediatric psychology, mental health therapists, nurse practitioners, PT, OT, SLP, and Iowa’s only board certified pediatric physiatrist.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct thorough neuropsychological evaluations of children and young adults using best practice guidelines including assessments of intelligence, academic ability, attention, concentration, sensorimotor function, language, learning, and memory.
- Diagnose and treat conditions involving injury to the central nervous system, such as cerebrovascular accidents, neoplasms, infectious or inflammatory diseases, degenerative diseases, head traumas, demyelinating diseases, and various forms of dementing illnesses.
- Communicate assessment results with child, family, and other appropriate parties maintaining the dignity and respect of the child and the family.
- Develop recommendations consistent with assessment findings, child goals, family goals, and team consensus.
- Devise and implement appropriate treatment programs, including therapy, counseling or advice, in collaboration with colleagues.
- Help clients define goals and plan action to achieve personal, social, educational and vocational development and adjustment.
- Complete assessments, progress notes, testing reports, and other required documentation to professional standards within the required timeframe.
- Provide direct and consultative neuropsychological evaluations and treatments as part of the interdisciplinary team for the inpatient rehabilitation program.
- No weekend, evening, or Holiday work.
What You’ll Need
- Doctoral degree in Neuropsychology.
- State of Iowa Neuropsychology license.
- Two years of licensed practice experience.
- Experience working with children and adolescents preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing, and speaking the English language.
- This position may be subject to COVID-19 safety requirements. If applicable, specific requirements will be discussed during the interview process.
ChildServe has earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here’s why employees love working here:
- Our work matters. We partner with families to help children with special healthcare needs live a great
- We’re not your average non-profit. We serve 5,200 children each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are one-of-a-kind.
- Our team members rock. Our teams are filled with people who care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to innovation, we’re proud to help many team members gain new certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career right here at ChildServe.
- We’re moving forward together. Experts across multiple disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Where You’ll Be
Des Moines is an award winning community that offers world class education, commute times averaging 20 minutes or less, welcoming suburbs, and a vibrant downtown with unique and eclectic restaurants and shops. Plus many one-of-a-kind experiences, including:
- Sculpture Park, featuring works of more than two dozen of the world’s most celebrated artists
- #2 Top Farmer’s Market in America with over 300 vendors
- Festivals and outdoor concerts
- Diverse theater scene
- Local breweries producing award winning craft beers
- No matter your interest, Des Moines has opportunities for recreation, arts, entertainment, and more!
Ready to leave work every day knowing you’ve made a difference for kids and families? Let’s move Forward Together – apply today!
ChildServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.childserve.org.