Website ECU Health
ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Neurology, located in Greenville, NC, are seeking a board certified clinical neuropsychologist, with expertise in adult outpatient neurodiagnostic evaluation, to join 10 Neurologists and 6 Nurse Practitioners in a growing practice. ECU Health Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma facility, serves as the regional leader in eastern NC for Neurosciences.
Candidates should hold a doctoral degree from a Psychology graduate program accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) or Canadian Psychological Association (CPA), and will have completed an APA/CPA accredited internship. Two years of postdoctoral training consistent with Houston conference guidelines is also required. The successful candidate will be eligible for licensure in North Carolina and will either have or obtain specialty board certification in clinical neuropsychology from the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) within 3 years of starting this position.
ECU Health is a 9 hospital system serving 29 eastern NC counties and 1.4 million people. Greenville (population 90,000+) is located 80 miles west of the beautiful North Carolina coastline and 80 miles east of Raleigh.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians
- Position available due to programmatic expansion
- Clinical responsibilities will include the full range of Neuropsychological services including neuropsychological testing and interpretation, as well as pre-surgical evaluations for patients who are candidates for both epilepsy surgery and deep brain stimulation.
- Outpatient focused position
- Teaching and research opportunities available if interested
The existing neuroscience team consists of 9 neurosurgeons, including 3 dual-trained cerebrovascular neurosurgeons, an interventional neurologist, a neuro-oncologist, stroke neurohospitalists, neurologists, neurointensivists, and a large team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
- Large referral network including over 100 ECU Health practices and 9 ECU Health owned hospitals
- Strong inpatient support from in-house stroke team at ECU Health Medical Center
- ECU Health Medical Center is home to a 24-bed NSICU led by Neurointensivists as well as a large rehab center providing both inpatient and outpatient support to neurology patients
Strong investment in technology including Gamma Knife, NeuroBlate, and RAPID
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: Annual CME Stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, Medical, Dental & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits plan, qualified applicants may also be eligible for loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
ECU Health’s Neuroscience Program uses a multidisciplinary approach to provide a range of services to include diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders. The hospital has specialty-trained staff in nursing, neurology, general neurosurgery, vascular and endovascular neurosurgery, neuro-spine surgery, neuroradiology (including 24/7 in-house neuroradiology coverage), neuro-critical care and neuro-oncology. The Neuroscience team takes great pride in their patient- and family-centered approach to care, which promotes optimization of patient outcomes.
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact JoAnn Barnhill at (252)227-3471 or email@example.com.
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to Kasey.Singer@vidanthealth.com