Since 1902, Gaylord Hospital has provided long-term care to patients unmatched in the region. The hospital that was founded as a tuberculous sanitarium, changed in the 1950’s to care for patients with chronic pulmonary disorder, stroke, brain injury and spinal cord injury. Gaylord’s programs have grown over the last 100 years, establishing the Hospital as one of Connecticut’s premier long-term care acute hospitals. Gaylord Hospital is the only entity in Connecticut, and one of two facilities in the country, with Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) International accreditation for all inpatient rehabilitation programs and additional specialty accreditation for our Spinal Cord, Stroke and Brain Injury Specialty Programs. Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence make up the mission of each Gaylord employee. These qualities have earned Gaylord its stellar reputation in the community, region, and at the national level, enabling Gaylord to attract and retain passionate and accomplished rehabilitation professionals to our team.
In this role you will:
· Provide neuropsychological assessment for a wide variety of neurological disorders including treatment of brain injury, mild cognitive impairment, dementia syndromes, stroke, Parkinson’s disease and concussion.
· Participate on our interdisciplinary Concussion Center and the Center for Brain Health. with occasional inpatient evaluations.
· Ability to participate in Medical Legal evaluations, Workers Compensation, independent medical examinations, insurance peer reviews, fitness-for-duty, and pilot evaluations.
· Assisting in long-term care planning and advising on needs for continuum of care.
· Doctorate from an accredited psychology program
· Fellowship in Neuropsychology from an accredited program
· Training and/or experience meeting the Houston Conference Guidelines
· Board Certified or obtain board certification within 2 years of employment
· Active Connecticut State License for Psychology
· Three years or more experience with brain injury, stroke, or neurological patient population, desired
Interested candidates please contact:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org