Website GDIT- Military Health
Drive better health outcomes for our clients as a Research Neuropsychologist at GDIT. Here, your work will impact many as you deliver healthcare and research expertise and services where they are needed most. Located at Ft. Bragg in Fayetteville, NC.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Research Neuropsychologist you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Neuropsychologist joining our team to provide expertise in cognitive neuroscience and neuropsychological assessment relevant to traumatic brain injury (TBI). S/he will work in collaboration with other staff to design, conduct and report on research with military Service Members and veterans who have sustained TBI.
HOW A NEUROPSYCHOLOGIST WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Develops, implements and conducts brain injury investigations in collaboration with other investigators.
- May serve as Principal Investigator.
- Responsible for providing expertise in cognitive neuroscience and neuropsychological assessment relevant to research on traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Provides direct services, to include screening, neuropsychological assessment, treatment, referral, consultation and education.
- Conducts neuropsychosocial evaluations and provides therapeutic interventions including crisis counseling to individuals as needed to facilitate TBI clinical care management and optimize care.
- Collaborates with staff to design, conduct and report on research with military Service Members and veterans who have sustained TBI.
- Plans, implements and reports results of studies on behavioral and cognitive correlates of in Service Members with traumatic brain injury.
- Attends research meetings, proposes/guides research initiatives, and supports joint research efforts with allied professions.
- Coordinates with principal and co-investigators regarding technical and/or clinical problems affecting research efforts.
- Prepares research protocols and interacts with Clinical Investigation Facilities (CIF) and Institutional Review Boards (IRB).
- Provides direct services, to include screening, neuropsychological assessment, treatment, referral, consultation and education
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintains in partnership with Patients, other health care providers and community resources as applicable; assist in the development of a comprehensive treatment care plan in accordance with TBI health care standards for patients.
- Participates, as appropriate, in departmental Quality Assurance (QA) programs and adhere to all safety regulations at all times.
- May presents patient cases in conferences, reports, or meetings to discuss status and updates to cases.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Ph.D. degree in Psychology or a related field and have completed a postdoctoral fellowship including clinical experience in neuropsychological assessment/consultation. Must maintain Continuing Education credit sufficient to maintain both their clinical license and to meet medical facility specific Quality Assurance standards for credentialing.
- Must have attended a formal neuropsychological fellowship in clinical Neuropsychology, and be skilled in specialized testing and assessment procedure.
- 5+ years of relevant Neuropsychology clinical/ research experience (includes post doc fellowship/ internship, etc).
- 2+ years of experience with administration and interpretation of various neuropsychologist tests.
- Knowledge of the principles and theoretical concepts of brain injury pathophysiology, clinical effects and treatment required.
- General research knowledge with the ability to develop and implement scientifically sound research protocols required.
- Ability to effectively author professional peer reviewed journal articles, manuscripts, research grant applications, posters, and research reports required.
- Ability to select and apply statistical techniques appropriate to the brain injury research protocols) under development and/or application is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary health care team is required.
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain/maintain a T3 security investigation.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
GDIT is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit gdit.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.