Website Inova Health
Providing World-Class Healthcare – Every Time, Every Touch
Inova Neuroscience Service Line is a Northern Virginia regional leader in the diagnosis, treatment and research of complex neurological conditions involving the brain, spine, and nervous system. We are seeking a full-time Adult Neuropsychologist to join our team!
Inova is a not-for-profit healthcare system based in Northern Virginia that serves more than 2 million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient services and facilities, primary and specialty care practices, and health and wellness initiatives.
With more than twenty-five specialized programs, Inova Neurosciences has the largest and most expansive neuroscience focused programs and services in Northern Virginia. Our highly trained and nationally recognized teams treat a wide range of conditions, including brain and spinal tumors, concussion, epilepsy, headache, memory disorders, multiple sclerosis and neuroimmunology, neuromuscular, neuro-ophthalmology, neurotrauma and critical care, pain management, Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders, pediatric neurology, sleep disorders, rehabilitation, spine conditions, and stroke and cerebrovascular disease.
- The neuropsychologist will have a primary role of performing outpatient neuropsychological evaluations within the neurology department at the Inova Center for Personalized Health (ICPH), a specialized outpatient neurology clinic.
- Communicates effectively with patients, family, medical staff, care team members, students, supervisors, and outside contacts to facilitate efficient and effective patient care.
- The neuropsychologist will have an opportunity to work closely with the epilepsy and movement disorder teams to complete pre-surgical evaluations (e.g., DBS, epilepsy surgery), as well as participate in epilepsy surgery team meetings.
- There is also ongoing research across the department (i.e., movement disorders, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis) that one can participate in. There is also departmental support for team members to develop their own line of research.
- The neuropsychologist will also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the neuropsychology program and develop specialized services to expand the program (e.g., brain health clinic, cognitive interventions, etc.).
- 2-year formal postdoctoral fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychology
- Graduate of American Psychological Association approved PHD or Psych D. program in clinical psychology or neuropsychology.
- BLS Licensure or certification
- Virginia license for Clinical Psychology
- ABPP board certified or eligible for board certification is preferred
Inova Neurosciences Program Highlights:
- Monday thru Friday schedule
- Brain Health Study ongoing
- Academic culture with weekly conference
- Participation in clinical trials
- Competitive guaranteed salary and incentive component
- Full benefits, including, health, dental, vision and life
- Annual CE support
- Licensure reimbursement
About Inova Center for Personalized Health Campus:
- Comprehensive Stroke Certification
- The Inova Epilepsy Center at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is accredited and recertified by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers. It has held a level four accreditation, the highest level available, since 2017.
- Inova’s Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology Center was recognized as a partner in MS Care by the National MS Society.
- Diverse Patient Population
- Proximity to Washington DC (Large Metropolitan Area)
If interested in applying or for more information, please contact: Allison.Spindle@inova.org
To apply for this job email your details to Allison.Spindle@inova.org