Springer is a non-profit organization located in Cincinnati, Ohio that has been transforming lives for over 50 years through education. Our mission is to empower students with learning disabilities to lead successful lives. We are the leading resource on learning disabilities in the Southwest Ohio, Eastern Indiana, and Northern Kentucky communities. We believe that all students with learning disabilities have the ability to succeed educationally, socially, and personally, and to ultimately become responsible for their own learning. Our expertise lies in educating students impacted by learning challenges (e.g., ADHD, dyslexia). We are committed to our mission internally through our School and externally in our Center programming that reaches area educators, parents, and students. Opening Springer Diagnostics provides the community access to neuropsychological evaluations and deeply supports our mission.
In creating Springer Diagnostics, we are seeking a full-time pediatric neuropsychologist with a specialization in learning disability assessment. The neuropsychologist will be asked to help build a multidisciplinary team of diagnosticians (e.g., speech-language pathologists, educational specialists) to provide comprehensive assessments for children from kindergarten through high school who present with learning challenges.
- Develop and build a multidisciplinary diagnostic team to serve growing needs in the community.
- Direct evaluations that include assessment of cognitive functioning, academic achievement, speech and language skills, and behavioral/emotional adjustment.
- Make formal diagnoses and provide recommendations regarding educational interventions and accommodations.
- Serve as a consultant to parents to enhance their understanding of cognitive, behavioral, and learning needs.
- Future possibilities include community networking to understand area resources and educating area professionals and parents on topics related to learning disabilities.
Education and Experience
- Clinical psychologist licensed by the Ohio Board of Psychology. Preference will be given to candidates who have completed a 2-year postdoctoral fellowship in neuropsychology and who are board-certified or board eligible in clinical neuropsychology
- Trained in the assessment and diagnosis of learning disorders, ADHD, and other neurodevelopmental disorders in children and adolescents
- Two years minimum experience working independently as a clinical neuropsychologist at an academic, medical, or clinical institution
Skilled in pediatric psychological and psycho-educational report writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities inside and outside the organization
- Qualified applicants should email a letter of interest, a curriculum vitae, two de-identified sample neuropsychological evaluation reports, and an employment application (found on the Springer employment page) to Carmen Mendoza, firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of that email should reflect the position title
- Salary range is $100,000-$120,000
- Reports to the Director of Growth and Enrollment
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com