Looking for the AACN Student Conference Assistant Application? If so, it’s here. An earlier version of the email we sent accidentally linked it to the page you’re on now. Sorry!
Conference Support Leaders are students or trainees who serve an important role in supporting the American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology (AACN) annual conference. We typically have two Conference Support Leaders for each conference. They lead and organize student assistants throughout the process of preparing for the conference. They also assist attendees at the Help Desk and as they enter continuing education (CE) sessions.
- Attend select Conference Committee meetings. These currently occur the first Wednesday of the month at 4 PM ET.
- Help recruit student assistants via listservs and organizations (e.g., AACN, INS, etc.).
- Communicate with prospective student assistants regularly via email, text message, and/or online meetings as needed.
- Organize pertinent information (e.g., contact info, tentative availability during the conference).
- Schedule 1-2 training sessions with student assistants (using videoconferencing). Review job duties and answer questions with support from the Technology Manager and Conference Co-Chair(s).
- Keep up with changes that are made throughout the recruitment phase to assure all students assistants are updated.
- Create a schedule for student assistants based on availability and conference needs.
- Communicate job duties with student assistants.
- Problem solve changes to the schedule.
- Cover shifts at the Help Desk.
- Support student assistants and keep things organized.
- Maintain regular communication with your co-coordinator to problem solving if any issues that arise.
- Communicate with the Technology Manager, Conference Co-Chair(s), local event planners, Education Chair, and President as needed. Relay solutions to student assistants.
- 1-2 hours per month for attending meetings.
- Spring time leading up to the conference: Up to 15 hours per week creating and editing the schedule as well as communicating with your co-coordinator, committee, and student assistants.
- Arrive at conference Tuesday evening or Wednesday (6/6/23 or 6/7/23) before registration opens on Wednesday late afternoon and remain available through late afternoon Saturday (6/10/23) when the conference ends.
- Cover the Help Desk approximately three 4-hour shifts (12 hours total).
- Leader roles are for 1 to 2 years. A decision will be made by the conference committee after year 1 about extending if the student/trainee is interested in serving a 2nd year.
Qualities of successful coordinators
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), problem solving, and leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Punctuality and time management skills
- Comfort working in Excel
- Free conference registration
- Free hotel room for the duration of the conference
- Opportunities for networking with students AACN members, and leadership
- CV building opportunities in leadership
To apply for this unique opportunity, please complete the following application form by March 20, 2023 at 11:59 PM. Prospective Leaders must be current AACN student members.